Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hoodwinked?

Curiously (just a coincidence, just a coincidence), as we start to migrate OM into the MLA integrated site, I have just heard that people seeking Dr Christopher Hyatt's material should now go to the Original Falcon website.

I will leave the old link (to New Falcon Publications) up for now, but the events surrounding the current 'ownership' of the publication company (since Dr. Hyatt's death) sound both contentious and slightly sordid 'family' business.

I leave you to judge for yourselves.
Did Alan get hoodwinked?


Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.


W.B. Yeats The Second Coming

1 comment:

The Purple Gooroo said...

I received that e-mail from Nick Tharcher about "Original Falcon Press" as well. He seems to be genuine to me and did know Hyatt for a number of years. He explains in the e-mail about what happened following Hyatt's passing and Hyatt's son's takeover of New Falcon.

I dunno - but New Falcon's site seems pretty low-quality now. I think I'll buy from "Original Falcon" from now on.

Webring

Member of the NEW TRAJECTORIES webring