Friday, October 06, 2006

Even Better

Glandmaster just pointed me to the boing boing site again, which contains a note which I will copy here, or you can click over to their site, here

Today, I received this email from Bob's daughter, which contains a note from Bob. It's very moving. People opened their hearts and their wallets, and Bob is going to be able to live out his remaining days in peace. Thank you all very much.

On behalf of my Dad, RAW (Bob), I want to throw my arms around you "like a circle 'round the sun!" for your loving graciousness in posting Bob's need on your site. As of about 5 minutes ago, over $68,000 has come in. We are all overjoyed as it now means that we can continue to celebrate this phase of his life in the comfort of his own home, with all the care he needs, until his passing, honored by the loving support of so, so many wondrous folks. Just last week I was sick with heartache as we were faced with giving his notice and now, the world has simply and completely - transformed. Last night, he dictated a note that he wanted me to forward to you - below is the text. He is very weak, cannot sit up or eat on his own, and as he struggled with a whispery voice to express his gratitude, he broke into tears several times. How my heart swelled as I gazed at this man who has been both one of the most frustrating - and incredible - beings I have ever known. I would not be who I am today, had I not grown up with him.

Much love, Christina Pearson

Bob, not so long ago...BOB'S NOTE:

Dear Friends, my God, what can I say. I am dumbfounded, flabbergasted, and totally stunned by the charity and compassion that has poured in here the last three days.

To steal from Jack Benny, "I do not deserve this, but I also have severe leg problems and I don't deserve them either."

Because he was a kind man as well as a funny one, Benny was beloved. I find it hard to believe that I am equally beloved and especially that I deserve such love.

Whoever you are, wherever you are, know that my love is with you.You have all reminded me that despite George W. Bush and all his cohorts, there is still a lot of beautiful kindness in the world.

Blessings.
Robert Anton Wilson

3 comments:

Who But I? said...

Pick a peck of Huckleberry

as season for a bun


Pooka Puck is mighty merry

betimes he has much fun


The hookah has such reason, but

the rhyme is quite an ill one


I hope to make it better

& how are you Mr. Wilson?

Bogus Magus said...

ha ha ha ha ha

Excellent! Thanks for the smile this cold grey morning...

Who But I? said...

You're welcome Bogy.

Here's looking at you
as time goes by...

Webring

Member of the NEW TRAJECTORIES webring