Wednesday, April 07, 2010

New Edition of "Undoing Yourself..." by Christopher S. Hyatt

It looks like the new edition of "Undoing Yourself With Energized Meditation and Other Devices" (Featuring cover artwork by yours truly) is out and available for sale from New Falcon.

"Of course, most people will think this book is only a joke. That's the biggest joke of all!"
– RAW

I've come to really enjoy Dr. Hyatt's style, which seems to me not unlike if Friedrich Nietzsche & Aleister Crowley worked together on Mad Magazine!


I also have a couple drawings in the new edition of Black Book Vol. 5.


Lucifuge Rofocale
King Bael
Duke Agares
Prince Vassago


Howard Campbell interviews Christopher S. Hyatt for goodness sake!

5 comments:

Steve Fly Agaric said...

And the jewels keep coming here. Wow, again, symmetry beauty, surprise. I'll be sure to pick this new edition up and proud to start a new bookshelf in honour of these magical books you have helped to renew with your now, KNU household, identity. Yeah yer' right, Bobby.

Bogus Magus said...

I feel the same, collecting the new editions, freeing me up to pass on old copies...

Although I should probably pass on the new copies...and keep the old ones for myself...I know where to find the artwork, after all!

Perhaps (no disrespect to previous designers) I will just use a bit of print, cut and paste to upgrade my old copies. :-)

And I also find that interview much more enlightening than my first impression of the Hyatt books...I like to hear voices, and see faces, and such...

Here we go - I can feel everything accelerating again, doubling and doubling and doubling...some kind of geometric progression going on...

Dave Narby said...

So what is "Undoing Yourself With Energized Meditation and Other Devices" about, anyway? I'd kind of like to know what I'm plunking my $25 (after shipping) down for. Anybody feel like ranting about it a bit?

Ipsy Death Cult said...

That's not a drawing you made, that's a Photoshop of a picture I took at a resort in Sedona.

Bobby Campbell said...

Right on, IDC!

When I was putting the book jacket together NF gave me a super low res photo of Dr. Hyatt to put on the back cover, so I did indeed doctor up that there photo in photoshop to try to make it more print friendly.

I didn't mean to imply that I had drawn it, the drawings I'm referring to in the post are the cartoons printed below: Lucifuge Rofocale, King Bael, etc.

It also wasn't my intention to misuse your excellent photo! My apologies. It's what I was given to work with from the publisher, but given the circumstances, I have taken the liberty of removing your photo from the post.

Thanks and best wishes!

bc

Webring

Member of the NEW TRAJECTORIES webring