Thursday, January 12, 2012

RAW WEEK @ boinboing

Im very happy to see that boingboing.net are entertaining a Robert Anton Wilson week, with blog posts from the likes of Paul Krassner, Mark Frauenfelder, Gareth Brandwyn, Douglas Rushkoff, Antero Ali, R.U Sirius, David Jay Brown, Erik Davis, Ivan Stang and MLA's own Propaganda Anonymous, all full of new insights and high praise from 2012.





"So, give the world's sad sonambulism a wakeup call. Put some OM (whether “trivial or colossal”) in your day. Bob would have wanted it that way.--Gareth Brandwyn, Mindfucking since 1776.
Bob was in fine form that night reading excerpts from his as of yet unpublished book, The Trick Top Hat, from his Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy. I sat there astonished by the highly compact, information-rich writing style he had developed. It was as if every other word triggered a different chemical in my brain. Bob had this unique way with words that acted on my ear-brain loop just like drugs. I remember thinking to myself, "This is what writing is all about! Writing is all about magick."--Antero Ali, The Cosmic Trigger Effect.
"He had a knack for giving straightforward explanations of hard-to-grok concepts without stripping them of their power or complexity. Before I read RAW's books, the world was confusing and mysterious. After I read his books, the world became much more confusing and mysterious -- but in a good way! Bob converted me from atheism to agnosticism (which, in his words, means "never regarding any model or map of the universe with total 100% belief or total 100% denial"). --Mark Frauenfelder, Robert Anton Wilson week at boingboing
"At one point in Robert Anton Wilson Explains Everything, the interviewer asks Bob why he's so into conspiracy theories. He'd spent the better part of his life studying them, writing about them, but he doesn't seem to actually believe any of them. So, why the intense interest? Bob thinks about it for a moment and replies: “It keeps the mind supple.--Gareth Brandwyn, Mindfucking since 1776.
"In his final blog entry on January 6, Wilson wrote: "I don't see how to take death seriously. I look forward without dogmatic optimism, but without dread. I love you all and I deeply implore you to keep the lasagna flying." Actually, it was expected that he would die seven months earlier. On June 19, 2006, he sent this haiku (with one syllable missing) to his electronic cabal:
Well what do you know?
Another day has passed
and I'm still not not.
 --Paul Krassner, Keep the Lasagna Flying.

"As a result, Bob is probably responsible for bringing more new students to magick and, specifically, to Thelema, than anyone else, perhaps Crowley included. As a writer, he brought uncommon sense to the subject and not only made magick appealing, but also understandable to the modern mind--Phil Farber, in conversation with Prop Anon.

2 comments:

muzuzuzus said...

I didn't know about this group RAW thing going on, but did by chance discover Rishkoff's video about it, and I contacted him to share some stuff I have found out and think it is VERY important to know.

I took LSD many many moons ago when 15, and then later I read Leary, and much later in the 80s when books about psychedelics were banned by Thatcher, the only books available where author talked about psychedelics were RAW books, so I eat em up!

So I am familiar with Leary and RAW, and ...ANYWAY, post 9/11 I have continued researching. It occured to me not that long ago that the psychedelic filed is MALE-DOMINATED , and the males, such as Leary, RAW, and McKenna have all been psychedelic transhumanists. Now the AGENDA of the elite is aslso transhumanism...so

ALSO, I found out a guy called William Ramsey who revealed to me that Aliester Crowley' sinfluence is all over 9/11!!

Ramsey is coming from a Christian perspective, I am not. I am coming from a Goddess perspective.

BOTH Leary and RAW were straight up Crowley devotees. So I am afraid this seems to me that the psychedelic movement has been infiltrated from its beginnings in the 1960s by leaders who whether consciously or unconcsciously and/or both are really turning the youth on to the elitist agenda.

This makes sense as wasn't it Lenin who said if you want to control the oppoisition it is best to lead it, or something like that? So the ones in power knowing just how powerful psychedelic medicine is for allowing the seeing through of their magick rather see to it to turn people ONTO their magick. have you ever tried to say a bad word against Crowley to a devotee of his, and you will know what I mean!

But listen to Crowley (self-proclaimed prophet of the new aeon), as quoted in Ramsey's book Prophet of Evil : "According to the Beast, a small elite must rule over the masses: "You will observe that I am advocating an aristocratic revolution. And so I am!""

Bogus Magus said...

Hi Muzuzuzus
I have great resistance to all Christians (born and raised as a humanist agnostic) but I felt equally strange about Crowley when discussing it in the forums with RAW and other students (some of them into magick), because I lack any interest in ritual. Catholic ritualists often seem to react rather extremely against their upbringing (e.g. McKenna, Joyce, Leary, RAW, Lilly, etc) and I will never really understand those two extremes, having not grown up with what seem like nonsensical beliefs, to me.

I have no idea how you, yourself, can approach a Christian belief from a Goddess perspective - although I agree that males dominate this field - but studying with RAW meant that we examined all conspiracy beliefs measured with 'degrees of likelihood'. Most of our historical records of heretics have come through the filter of, and got written by, the 'winners' (who burned their opponents at the stake). Nice people. Likewise, the people who seem most fascinated by Devils seem like God-believers, to me.

So I wouldn't call Leary a Crowley devotee (at certain points he believed he was re-living certain events of AC's life in parallel - including his persecution as 'the most dangerous man'.) And I wouldn't call RAW a devotee because he thought that some of the man's achievements and writings had value.

As to the elitist thing, well, the discussion between those who prefer pyramidal hierarchies and those who prefer grapevines and networks goes on.

But then again, my pantheist dad came from the Theosophical tradition - and I have a soft spot for Madame Blavatsky - and my grand-dad (who I didn't know) belonged to a Royal Arch Masonic Lodge, so you might choose to dismiss me as already brain-washed. He sure sounded like a Christian to me.

I grew up in England - so I feel no surprise that the rich people form an elite that locks up all the power and wealth. Well, duh. I always saw it as a rigged game. Maybe it seems more surprising in The United States of America, that still maybe still considers itself some kind of democracy.

Most of this "International Bankers' conspiracy stuff" sounds like the anti-Communist rants of the 50s to me. I don't like nation-states, either, but we anarchists get shot by both sides. Check out the Spanish Civil War, when the Fascists and the Communists conspired to squeeze out the anarchists from offering their way to move into the future.

I do love the idea that the 'bad guys' hide their secrets in plain sight, though. Most of the images you spot in the media now count as trivial 'copycat' stuff - from the number 23 to the all-seeing eye.
Fnord
My major fear remains the idea that people who believe in 'God' act shocked at someone believing in 'Lucifer' or 'Satan'. It all sound like Tooth Fairies and Santa to me. Sorry.

Webring

Member of the NEW TRAJECTORIES webring